Psoriasis refers to the skin musculus, relapsing nature. Today to get rid of the disease completely fails. It is also known that psoriasis is not transmitted from person to person domestic, sexual or any other way. The disease is autoimmune in nature and almost always accompanied by inflammation and exfoliation of the skin. Signs of psoriasis is the appearance on the patient's body, and the psoriatic lesions in the form of red or pink panels. The affected areas of the body, in most cases, covered with a whitish or gray scales.
Causes of psoriasis are not fully understood. It is believed that the pathology occurs under the influence of different external and internal factors. Today, there are several theories that explain the possible causes of the disease. However, they are still not confirmed officially, because I have no evidence of this in practice.Among the possible causes of psoriasis are:
- Heredity. According to statistical data more than 60% of all patients who suffer from the disease, the pathology is observed in the near relatives by bloodline.
- A weak immune system. Scientists believe that this is an incentive for emergence of the disease.
- Transmission of infectious diseases.
- Improper diet.
- Bad habits.
- Hypothermia and climate change.
- Skin burns as a result of prolonged stay in direct sunlight.
- Various injuries and damage to the skin.
In addition to the skin, the psoriasis often spreads to the nails and joints. Psoriatic arthritis is one of the worst kinds of pathology. At the time of the disease, which affects the ligaments and joints of the patient, which leads to a decrease in mobility and even disability.
The first signs of psoriasis
Many patients mistakenly believe that psoriasis can affect only the skin, without a specific hazard to internal organs. This position is wrong. The fact that the pathology is systemic. The disease can not only cause the formation of plaque on the body, changing the structure of the nails and the joints and have a significant negative effect on the kidneys, liver, cardiovascular system.The first symptoms of the disease may include the following:
- the feeling of weakness and discomfort;
- the formation of chronic fatigue;
- with mental health, you may experience depression, anxiety, and depression.
- in the hands and feet;
- the groin and underarms;
- the elbows and knees;
- wrinkles of the skin (especially in obese people);
- fibrous covering of the head;
- the inner thighs;
Also there is no such disease as is psoriasis of the nail (suffer from nail), eye disease and psoriatic arthritis (changes in the structure of joints and ligaments).
So what is psoriasis? In most of the cases, the patient's body, the so-called panels. This is a red, inflamed lesions, protruding a few millimetres above the surface of healthy skin. The first manifestation of psoriasis may be in the form of a single lesion. On different parts, which may occur 2-3 plaques of small size. Further eruptions to become more intense and spread over quite large areas of the skin. Feature is the symmetrical location of spots.
Depending on the nature of the rash diseases in medical practice can be divided into the following types:
- Point. Here the injuries are very small, having a diameter not more than 2-3 mm.
- Drip. In this form psoriasis patches reach the size of a grain of lentil. Externally, spots, reminiscent of the droplet.
- Nummular. The spots are the size of coins, mostly rounded out.
Symptoms of psoriasis on the scalp
Then find out how to identify psoriasis that develops in the fibrous integuments of the person. The first signs of this disease are redness and itching. Further, the skin in the affected areas a few swells and rises in the range, where the previously received plaque. In the early stages of plaque a lot of flakes and accompanied by intense itching.
It should be noted that the hair of this disease are not damaged, and considers that psoriasis can cause baldness is wrong.
In the development of the disease plaque can be from the nails of the cover the cover the forehead, temples, neck.
The manifestations of psoriasis, hands and feet
The other type of the disease is Palmar-plantar psoriasis. Signs of psoriasis in women and men with this form of disease, which is the same. The main symptom is a strong roughness and the layering of skin cells on the palms of the hands and feet. Sometimes the pathology resembles many corns with small cracks.
Exacerbated during illness mobility in the arms and legs. This causes damage and bleeding in the affected areas.
Palmar-plantar psoriasis in most cases is at the same time on the feet and hands, but often found separately.
Psoriasis of the nail
Symptoms of psoriasis on the nails often lies in changing the structure of the nail plate. In medical practice it is common to divide the nail psoriasis for several types.
- Syndrome thimble. First symptoms of psoriasis on the nails can be in the form appearing on the plate of the small pits and grooves. Externally, the pattern is very similar to a thimble, hence the name.
- Onycholysis. Signs of psoriasis in men and women in the development of this form is located in the painless distortion of the nail and separation of the plate from the body to the finger. While around the nail is characterized by a pink or yellow border.
- Onihomadez. The manifestation of psoriasis here are largely similar to Onycholysis, but there is a process of separation of the plates is much faster. Also characteristic is the lack of edges around the nail.
- Bleeding. This name are bleeding under the nail plate. This is coupled with the appearance of the cyanotic, and red spots under the plate. This happens because the broken capillaries under the nail.
- Trahionihiya. It is characterized by changes in the structure of the nail. The plate becomes troubled, uneven, can be foliated and crebrescunt.
Nail psoriasis may be in the form of a distinct disease, but may develop on the background of other types of pathology.
Then determine how appears psoriasis in the development of pustular diseases. This type of disease is one of the most severe forms. It is very rare and is diagnosed only 1% of all patients.
Starts pustular psoriasis in most cases suddenly. The body will appear blisters filled with fluid. The disease develops quickly, pustules rapidly growing, which are rather large injury.For pustular forms characteristic of these expressions:
- weakness, weakness;
- can increase the body temperature;
- swollen lymph nodes;
- headaches and pain in the muscles;
- depression and depression.
Characteristics of psoriatic arthritis
The first signs of psoriasis in women and men with this type of pathology can be in the form of pain in the affected joints, General weakness, feeling of nausea and depression.
Psoriatic arthritis is rare and is most often the result of complications of other forms of pathology.
The impact of this type of disease, especially the phalanges, less commonly the larger joints and spine.
Patients note severe pain, as well as changing the shape of the joints and ligaments, which is also visible externally. With the phalanges, become less mobile, edematous and distorted.
Change in symptoms depending on the stage of psoriasis
Psoriasis, started, which may vary depending on the type, in several stages. Each of them has its own characteristics and peculiarities.In the medical practice of pathology is divided into three main phases:
- Gradually. Here, patients have pronounced symptoms, such as itching, flaking, irritation and skin sensitivity. At this stage, rashes appear on different parts of the body with great intensity.
- In the stationary. This phase is characterized by the cessation of the appearance of the panels and a dulling of symptoms. Itching and scaling are present, as in the first stage, however, their strength is greatly reduced.
- Stage of the regression. Symptoms are rare. The Peeling completely subside, and psoriatic panels begin to lighten. At this stage the skin is purified, but can remain such symptoms as age spots.
The duration of each phase can be individual for each patient. The positivity depends on the characteristics of the organism, its immune system and disease.
Despite the fact that the psoriasis has many types, characterized by various symptoms in medical practice, there is still a certain concept, which is suitable for all kinds of diseases. This so-called triad of psoriasis.For psoriatic triad include the following events:
Emergence of stearic spots
For the beginning of diseases characterized by the formation of the spots, densely covered with scales. When you try to remove the husk easily peels off. A superficial image, that resemble stearin. It is also worth mentioning, is the increase in the intensity of exfoliating.
The Terminal film
If you remove all the scales on the patient's body is exposed to a red smooth surface. The Film is very thin and easily damaged. In clinical practice this phenomenon is called the terminal films.
In the third phase, the name of which speaks for itself. Drops of blood are observed on human skin after accidental or artificial removal of the film. Bloody Rosa can be observed throughout the plaque, which have more intense at the edges.
The manifestations of psoriasis is very extensive. Symptoms depend on the type of disease and individual patient. Timely access to the doctor and early detection will help you to get rid of the unwanted manifestations of the disease and possible complications.