Psoriasis on the hands is a chronic skin disease that is not fully understood, to date there has been little progress, finding effective treatment is not observed. Pathology the occurrence of psoriasis on the hands is up to 80% of the total amount of this type of disease. Psoriatic arthritis the spots, or plaques can involve any part of the skin.
On the other hand, psoriasis on hands not life threatening to the patient. However, if you start treatment and bring the disease in severe forms, it can cause serious complications, which is not so harmless. For example, psoriasis can strike the main joints of a person, lead to psoriatic arthritis, which affects the musculoskeletal device.
These effects eventually can lead to disability and disability status. Psoriasis treatment hands is hard enough, but quality and comprehensive care can significantly increase the period of remission.
What is it? Thanks to scientific research there are many theories about the emergence of this skin disease. However full confidence to establish the cause of the disease remains weak. According to scientific design, there are two alleged reasons for psoriasis:
- autoimmune disease in the form of;
- a malfunction of the skin.
Autoimmune disease in the form of psoriasis occurs in random development of the various substances that affect the skin. Another cause of psoriatic plaque is the maturation of the cells unnecessary, respuant healthy tissue. There are some assumptions that psoriasis is a hereditary reasons.
The main precipitating factors leading to the emergence of the disease are:
- gastrointestinal diseases (especially liver and intestine);
- hormonal ailments (lower level of melatonin secretion, increasing the concentration of growth hormone, prolactin, insulin);
- family history (psoriasis, diagnosed in previous generations);
- allergic reaction of the organism;
- skin diseases (allergic, fungal, etc.);
- trauma to the skin (including insect bites and tattoos);
- stress, the depletion of the nervous system;
- infection (HIV, children are often viral respiratory infections);
- effects on the skin of chemically active substances (household chemicals, external medicines, etc.);
- toxic effects on the body (alcohol, Smoking);
- childbirth in women.
Psoriasis of the hands implies not only an aesthetic discomfort, but also problems of a physiological nature, as in this disease the likelihood of atrophy of the small joints, and, therefore, reduce their effectiveness and sensitivity.
This insidious disease can affect both the hands and the skin between the fingers and palm. It is important to start the treatment of psoriasis in the early stages, that is, when the first signs. By the way, increases the risk of developing psoriatic arthritis and spread to other parts of the body.
Psoriasis of the hands and symptoms develop gradually. The initial stage of industry expansion prospects papules. They are small and flat, rising on the skin. Education is covered by white scales, which easily fall behind.
Further developing psoriasis on the hands is characterized by such features:
- if you tear off the scales, then the peeling will be enhanced.
- peel off the film covering the papule.
- there are small blood stains (drip bleeding).
- the nodules grow, develop, become large.
- visible plaque.
Psoriasis on the hands can be different: in the form of single spots of different sizes or shedding of the nail, until its complete loss. The disease is accompanied by swelling near the joints, and them. The skin of your hands dry, it cracks and inflammation
How to treat psoriasis on the hands
In the case of psoriasis hands treatment is holistic, because it uses local and General treatment, as well as compliance and diet. Prescribing and procedures, the doctor must determine the stage and form of the disease, the treatment was really effective.
How to treat? Complex treatment includes:
- General treatment – the patient is prescribed anti-histamine and anti-anxiety medication, receive immunomodulators. Also be assigned to the administration of drugs to enhance immunity, vitamins a, b, C, D.
- Local treatment – the patient is prescribed anti-inflammatory ointment, repeated drug. The drug improves the digestive system. Perhaps the use of corticosteroids creams.
- Physiotherapy treatment is widely used methods, such as paraffin baths, PUVA treatment, ultraviolet irradiation.
- Therapeutic diet – a mandatory factor in the treatment of psoriasis on the hands, palms, elbows, etc.
The initial stage is very important without wasting time and check out competent professionals who are acquainted with the nature of psoriasis and can give expert help. Patients with this disease often psycho-emotional adjustment and counseling psychologists. Strain relief is prescribed sedatives, mild sedative effect.
Ointment for the treatment of early stage
Early treatment for psoriasis is gradually changing. Significant use of cytostatics and hormonal drugs that have serious side effects. The relief of acute conditions appoint specialists of aromatic retinoids and hormonal preparations of local action (creams, gels, sprays).
If non-hormonal drugs are ineffective, the treatment produces hormonal products.
PUVA-treatment for psoriasis
PUVA-treatment is the photo chemotherapeutic treatment of psoriasis. The method is based on the use of UV light and photosensitizers, increasing the skin's sensitivity to UV-irradiation. The perfect cleansing of the skin psoriatic plaques have a 20 to 25 treatment sessions.
PUVA-therapy is used more often exudative, vulgar forms of psoriasis, including the localization of inflammatory foci in the palms. The method is effective 85-90%.
The disease usually progression and subside, then it is necessary to always remember and adhere to certain preventive measures:
- the skin need to moisturize;
- avoid exposure to chemicals;
- observe the correct diet, eliminating nicotine and alcohol;
- use vitamin complexes.
It is worth remembering that psoriasis on the legs is necessary to maintain the balance of moisture, as very dry skin can start to crack, which is the primary source of psoriasis occurs when skin injuries. In addition, the skin of the feet should not be too oily, because it can also worsen the disease.