Psoriasis is a chronic non-communicable diseases, which is manifested mainly by skin lesions. In most cases of psoriasis on the patient's body are formed by areas of chronic inflammation, which are covered by elements of the rash (depending on the type of disease, different parts of the body covered with dry papules, red spots or pustules).
Psoriasis is the most common chronic skin disease that can occur at any age. Most of the patient is fair-skinned people, from 16 to 22 and 57 to 60 years.
According to recent studies, psoriasis refers to a systemic autoimmune disease, although the cause of the disease is not established.
The disease may appear in mild, moderate or severe form (severe form often accompanied by psoriatic arthritis, which can lead to disability).
Psoriasis on the body depending on the type of rash can be:
- Vulgar (simple as a plaque or vulgaris). Is the most common form, with which different parts of the body appears dry, slightly raised above the surface of the skin, a small, dense, red, and hot spots (papules). The papules in most cases occur on areas of the skin exposed to friction (waist, belly, etc), mechanical injury, sunburn, or exposure to low temperatures (hands). With the development of the disease the papules coalesce into large, covered with dry silvery scales panels and in severe disease platelets are designed with a full panel ("slack lake").
- Pustular. This severe form of the disease begins with the appearance of a body of small vesicles which contain clear, sterile fluid. The skin in the affected areas red, thick, swollen, and easily peels off. If the disease occurs in limited form, the rash occurs mainly on the legs and forearms, and in the generalized form of small pustules merge into larger and spread throughout the body.
- Point. In this form of the disease, the lesions spread throughout the body. Psoriasis on your back, hips, limbs, neck and stomach is manifested in the form of many red or purple small, dry patches, reminiscent of dots or drops. This form first appears in patients after myocardial infarction streptococcal infection.
- The inverse (psoriasis flexor surfaces). Elements of the rash in this form of disease are smooth red spots that flake, and almost not raised above the skin. It usually appears psoriasis on the priest (in the folds), in the groin, under the Breasts and under the armpits. Inverse psoriasis may be complicated by a fungal infection and streptococcal pyoderma due to sweating and friction in the affected area.
The appearance of psoriatic rash on the body associated with the inflammatory process in the skin. Inflammation causes rapid reproduction of skin cells, overgrowth of the upper layer of the epidermis, small capillaries, and the withering away of the top layer of the skin.
The reasons for the development of the inflammatory process is not fully established, but it is known that psoriasis is provoked by some factors:
- stressful situations (mental or physical activity);
- dry skin;
- household chemicals, cosmetics and other external irritants;
- Smoking, alcohol, excessive hygiene, mechanical damage (factors that affect the condition of the skin);
- use of certain medications (beta-blockers, anticonvulsants, etc..);
- climate change;
- infectious and allergic diseases.
Psoriasis can't be completely cured, but symptomatic treatment, which is carried out in the initial stage of the disease, you can prevent the spread of the inflammatory process.
It looks like psoriasis on the body in the initial stage of the disease depends on the disease:
- If (vulgar) psoriasis as the plaque on the body appear small pale pink papules that resemble an allergic rash. The skin around the papules become swelling, itching, and papules gradually transformirovalsya in panels that are covered with cells (silvery scales).
- When pustular psoriasis on the body to see the bright red patches of inflammation, which may appear small, fluid-filled bubbles, gradually increasing the size of the (usually primary cells of pustular psoriasis occurs on the buttocks and in the genital area).
- With a teardrop shape on any area of the body red spots appear (I can remember drops), no larger than grains lentils.
- Reverse forms of psoriasis in the natural wrinkles on the skin appear red spots, with a shiny smooth surface (characteristic of psoriasis is similar to plaque scales do not exist).
Elements of the rash may appear as dots, drops or round plates. Rashes can be worn by one character (typically, these lesions are symmetrical), or in the form of rings, arcs, and "maps" with uneven edges.
Under the influence of the stimulus plaque to gain reputation and became cherry red, with long-standing psoriasis is observed cyanosis the elements of the rash and serious crime.
For psoriasis is characterized by fluctuations of course – period injuries, their growth and intense exfoliation which are replaced by stationary and regressing stages (new elements are not formed, and existing ones gradually disappear).
The diagnosis was established on the basis of the psoriatic triad, which occurs when light poskablivanii the affected area. The observed phenomena:
- stearic spots;
- terminal protectors;
- the point of bleeding.
In doubtful cases, carry out a biopsy of the skin.
Psoriasis on the body is treated with:
- Local preparations. In the initial stage, it is possible to use non-hormonal ointments (sulphuric, salicylic, etc..). From psoriasis on the body effective based grease, tar. In the absence of the effect of the ointments containing corticosteroids.
- Systemic therapy. Apply a retinoid, which reduces the reproduction rate of skin cells, immunosuppressants, which reduce immune activity, and cytotoxic agents, which inhibit the rapid growth of skin cells.
For the treatment of psoriasis on the body at home with the help of different ointments, lotions, lotions, baths, decoctions and infusions.
A good effect of photochemotherapy (PUVA therapy). It is also used for magnetic therapy, bee venom therapy and other physiotherapeutic methods.