What is psoriasis?
Psoriasis is a widespread chronic skin disease, which is characterized by a rash of flat papules, which tend to merge into large plaques, which are very quickly covered with loose silvery-white spots.
Psoriasis is characterized by periods of worsening condition (relapses) and temporal well-being, when symptoms will be less. This disease is not contagious and the patient is not dangerous to others. Since the appearance of psoriasis is not related to micro-organisms.
The primary element in psoriasis is one of the papule is a pink or red color, which is covered with a lot of loose silvery white scales.
As a rule, the psoriasis does not violate the usual rhythm of life of the sick person. The only disadvantage is peeling and inflammation on the skin. Unfortunately, the cure this disease is impossible, but you can stop its development or to prevent its recurrence is quite real. It is enough to perform all the doctor appointments and undergo regular treatment in the hospital.
Psoriasis is definitely not contagious. In one case of disease transmission from one person to another is not fixed. The disease is not infections and germs that are potentially dangerous to others, and the production of white blood cells in the body of the patient.
Healthy people get psoriasis patients impossible. Psoriasis is not passed:
- When in contact with the skin, by using some everyday items with the patient (bed linen, towels, dishes).
- Through saliva, sweat.
- When caring for patients.
- Through the blood.
Nepustuleznaya form of psoriasis
What is it? This form of the disease differs from other stable rate. It nepustuleznoy forms of psoriasis is characterized by the loss of almost the entire body surface. Of this type are:
- psoriasis aritrodermicheskiy
- vulgar, ordinary, or blayshkovidiy.
Ordinary psoriasis is very common, up to 90% of psoriasis patients is sick as a vulgar form of the disease.
What does psoriasis start: the first signs
In most cases, to determine the psoriasis is quite simple, since the disease is not like other skin disease. Allergic rashes are less calibration compared to the patches of psoriasis, in addition, history indicates that the patient does not suffer from edema skin allergies
Initial symptoms and signs-psoriasis various main features, which is relied on for medical diagnosis:
- the appearance of the limited spot of pink color with different intensity;
- itching in the area of psoriatic lesions;
- the exfoliation of a large number of the epidermis in different sizes;
- characteristic of light color peeling;
- the appearance of grouped, dirty-white or gray precipitate, without departing from the psoriatic plaque;
- dryness of the skin.
Psoriasis is characterized by three distinctive features:
- "The effect of stearinovogo places". When you perform a scraping plaque and a small transparent scales easily flake off.
- "The impact of the terminal-the movie". If you don't remove the scales, the skin is thin, shiny, and also it is red.
- "The impact of bloody dew". After scraping the skin are small droplets of blood.
Accurate and the only culprit of the disease specialists can reveal, but a number of studies, which indicate that the disease is an autoimmune disease, which means that it is dependent on the immune system.
For some reason, the immune system cells that are designed to protect the body from malignant changes and penetrate the upper skin layers and produce substances that trigger inflammation. As a result, the action has spread – the rapid division of skin cells.
Another theory is that psoriasis develops due to violation of the life cycle of the keratinocytes.
Possible reasons for psoriasis:
- Heredity. According to the latest scientific psoriasis is referred to genotipicheskim dermatozam dominant transmission.
- Violation of fat, protein and carbohydrate metabolism. If you suspect psoriasis quite often change these profiles in the blood, which contributes to the development of cardiovascular disease pathology, malfunction of the endocrine and the metabolic syndrome.
- The presence of chronic infectious focus in the body. The study psoriaticheskih plaques often reveal steptokokkovaya flora. The occurrence of genetic abnormalities can affect virus and bacterial infections, such as tonsillitis, flu.
- Climatic conditions – dry and hot weather can affect the progression of psoriasis, strengthen the skin-symptoms or, conversely, weaken them;
- Anxiety or stress – as mentioned above, stressful wave directly affect the course of psoriatic disease;
- Broken skin – wounds, helps with infection, and this leads to poisoning of the body due to inflammatory processes, since the appearance of psoriasis can trigger minor damage, but provided that there are related diseases;
- Infection – disease cases of psoriasis may be due to the presence of pathogens of purulent inflammatory areas, in particular the pathology of childhood.
One theory proposes that there are two variants of the disease:
- Psoriasis type I is inherited in the presence of immune system factors affect these constitute more than 60% of all patients less than 30 years, the prognosis is good, treatment is life.
- Type II occurs most often at the age of 45 years is not associated with disorders of the immune system, often striking nogtevye plate joints.
The first rash, usually formed in place, wounds, scratches, obmorozheniy, burns, parts of the body, constantly exposed to friction. They may itch, but this is not the main feature.
At the beginning of psoriasis is expressed in the appearance of pimples, which are small in size nodules. They have a dark pink color, dense to the touch, over the surface of the skin protrude slightly.
Early stages of psoriasis on the skin barely noticeable and does not cause discomfort to the patient. But early treatment will help prevent severe forms of the disease, which is the loss of the nails of the hands and feet, the mucous surface, and then — to human joints.
According to statistics, the psoriaticheskie plaques are often:
- the outer surface of the joints;
- the back and stomach;
- the front of the thighs and arms.
Unlike eczema, where the rash striking the inner side of the limbs and the folds between the toes.
Characteristics and symptoms of various forms
Psoriasis depending on the shape has its characteristic symptoms of the human skin.
Blyashechniy (vulgar) is a big part of all kinds of psoriasis. It is characterized by the appearance of a traditional blyashek covered with white-gray spots.
- Rashes appear in the local areas (elbows, scalp, etc.) 1-2 weeks. This rash is called "guard" or "duty".
- For some patients the papules are converted into aritrodermiyu.
- Very rarely vulgar form appears on the face and genital area.
Guttate psoriasis is the second most common, and is diagnosed in one in ten patients. Although there are numerous and rather small eczema spots all over the body.
The most damage observed in the limbs. Face guttate psoriasis occurs quite rare. Accidental damage of the papule, the formation of ulcers. During the exacerbation of any infection, the papules increase rapidly in size.
Is not common, only 1% of the total mass of patients with psoriasis have this type of disease. In most cases, the rash is symmetric and localized in the soles and palms. Pustuleznyi psoriasis happens: generalizovanniy and localized. The latter form is more general than the previous one. GeneralizovanniyPustuleznyi psoriasis is serious.
Exudative psoriasis differs from the usual presence of scale blayshkah, which is formed due to the penetration of the exudate. The risk of incidence of psoriasis this fall:
- people with thyroid disease (hypothyroidism) and excess weight.
Nail psoriasis occurs in 25% of patients with psoriasis. The defeat of nail plates can be isolated (usually hands), but usually combined with other forms and varieties of the disease. Their changes in psoriasis are almost impossible to distinguish from other skin diseases, loss of fingernails are symptoms of:
- "oil stains" and "sand waves",
- painless partial detachment of the plate and deformation of the type "bird's claw" ,
- bleeding under the nail,
- complete rejection of the nail plate, which is often associated with severe forms of psoriasis.
Treatment of psoriasis in adults
The question of how to treat psoriasis should not be divided into 3 main categories: domestic use of drugs, mostly drugs, external use (creams, etc.) and physical therapy. The secondary is used for more aids treatment for psoriasis.
No matter what method of treatment of psoriasis a dermatologist will choose, the biggest impact that a holistic approach to the solution of this problem, which is associated with:
- the external means;
- operating inside the drugs, vitamins, biologically active additives;
- connect physiotherapeutic procedures;
- treatment in sanatoriums with mineral water, mud, leeches;
- the appointment of a diet, fasting.
Nutrition and diet
The goal of the diet for psoriasis are:
- decrease the number of relapses of the disease;
- reducing the frequency and intensity of the rash;
- normalization of metabolism;
- stimulation of protective forces of organism;
- the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract.
It is recommended the en masse to consume foods that contain fiber. It activates the digestive system, normalizes metabolism and weight, contains high amounts of vitamins, antioxidants and minerals, which are necessary for the whole body, and unhealthy skin psoriasis, particularly.
It is recommended to use:
- bread flour,
- fresh fruits and juices,
- leafy vegetables
- low-fat dairy products,
- vegetable oil,
- pumpkin seeds, flax -, sunflower -,
- fish, poultry, rabbit,
Excludes products such as:
- bakery products made of flour,
- products artificial additives
- alcohol and carbonated beverages
- smoked meat and sausages
- organ meat and red meat
- sugar, honey,
- it paslenovih family vegetables, citrus,
- fatty and fried foods.
Food for psoriasis involves the complete exclusion of any fried food, sweets, chocolate, pastries, and all foods containing dyes and additives.
Some products are best consumed separately:
- Products and cereal products (pasta, bread, cereal) not to be confused with fruit of any type;
- Dairy products do not take in citrus fruits.
- Fruits (bananas, apples and melons) are eaten separately from other foods, preferably in the form of a separate meal.
The patient follow a diet for psoriasis, will soon celebrate a significant improvement in skin condition, reduces the frequency of exacerbations and the disappearance of itching and discomfort. In addition, nutrition therapy helps to normalize weight and the digestive tract make a difference in the appearance of hair and nails, stimulates the immune system.