At this stage of the development of medicinal products for the treatment of psoriasis it is always impossible, because the mechanisms of its occurrence and manifestations, has not been studied. This disease is chronic in nature. This means that the periods of remission vary exacerbations. If you choose the right course of treatment and in accordance with it, will be able to increase remission and reduce the number of exacerbations. In this issue, we need a professional approach. At the first sign of the disease, immediately contact your doctor.
The risk for psoriasis
The view that psoriasis brings only aesthetic discomfort wrong. The risk of these diseases for the whole body, should not be underestimated. The disease is systemic, which means that it affects all internal organs.
Psoriasis is triggered by disturbances in the functioning of the immune system. If you do not start timely treatment, this means a huge amount of complications: nail psoriasis may lead to deformations and a complete loss of the nail plate;
- the development of liver diseases, the kidney;
- panels appear not only on the body, but the mucous membranes may be kept in the bladder, the urethra, causing cystitis, urethritis, prostatitis;
- the deterioration of the joints in the future, it is psoriatic arthritis;
- there is a risk of damage to the nervous system, sometimes with psoriasis the development of polyneuritis, epilepsy, encephalopathy;
- the enlargement and inflammation of the lymph nodes;
- problems with the heart;
- eye diseases conjunctivitis, lumbos lenses.
- Palmar-plantar psoriasis is associated with pain, so hard to go to perform manipulations with their hands.
Psoriatic papules may appear on any area of the body. Most often they first appear on the elbows, knees. Depending on the localization and characteristics of the symptoms, the disease is classified into different types.
The hormonal and non-hormonal therapies in the treatment of psoriasis
Treatment of psoriasis is possible with the use of hormonal and non-hormonal therapy. Each of these methods has its advantages and disadvantages and application functions.
In the initial stages, doctors prescribe non-hormonal drugs. They are slow, so we suggest a long course of treatment. With their help it is possible to eliminate the unpleasant symptoms that accompany the disease. By eliminating itching, moisturize the skin, promote the healing of wounds. Such medicines are suitable for the treatment of children.
In severe forms or when non-hormonal drugs do not improve the patient's condition, the prescribed hormonal therapy. This includes the use of corticosteroids produced in the body by the adrenal cortex. Their main task is to normalize the metabolic processes.
In the treatment of psoriasis using the 2 subspecies of hormones:
Glucocorticoids normalize the metabolism of glucose. This group includes cortisone, hydrocortisone.
Mineralocorticoids normalizes the exchange of minerals, particularly salts of calcium, sodium and potassium. The main representative is aldosterone.
The main advantage of hormonal therapy, this approach helps to quickly cure the symptoms of psoriasis. But these drugs have a very rapid effect on the body, which leads to many side effects. This applies to both the pills and ointments. The hormones contained in the medicinal product for external use, which are absorbed into the skin, it penetrates into the blood, are carried throughout the body.
Complications that can cause the hormonal therapy:
the development of diabetes, types of steroids;
the deposition of salts in the joints, arthritis;
a reduction in the level of production of potassium to support the heart;
increase in blood pressure; swelling of the face and body; increased cholesterol;
renal dysfunction, liver; failure of the menstrual cycle;
increased blood clotting, thrombosis;
neurological disorder; deterioration of the skin;
fast weight gain, obesity.
Hormone treatment can be used only a physician who meets the prescribed doses and not more than treatment. The dose of the medicinal product, which would be gradually decreased.
Never self-heal, with the use of hormonal drugs. They are strictly contraindicated for pregnant and lactating mothers. It is important to note that some of the hormones very slowly excreted, so that hormone therapy less than 2 years, there is a risk for birth defects.
Depending on the stage and severity of the disease for the treatment of psoriasis is selected monotherapy (provides for the appointment of 1. drug), or with the use of multiple tools. When you need to cure chronic psoriasis usually combine medication inside the therapy, which include pills, injections, external preparation of the operation of the ointments, lotions, creams, and medicated shampoos. Take into account the more drugs effective in the treatment of the different phases of psoriasis.
Medicines for internal use
To get rid of psoriasis will help:
Pills and injections, which are assigned in the acute period of the disease. They reduce itching and are a sedative effect, normalizing the functioning of the nervous system. A very effective antihistamine drugs of the new generation. They are used when the patient is normally sleeping.
Reduces the activity of the pathological process, blood cells, which improves the appearance of the skin, promotes the disappearance of the papules.
Improve skin psoriasis. This is a derivative of vitamin A should be carefully. Is contraindicated during pregnancy planning and during pregnancy.
Effectively cleanse the body of toxins, which is essential in the treatment of psoriasis, especially when the disease progresses
If the background of psoriasis development of infectious diseases, which are specific for Cephalosporins, Penicillins, Macrolides, Interferon.
Necessary when psoriasis is accompanied by disorders of the gastrointestinal tract
Normalize the functioning of T-lymphocytes, which play a key role in the development of psoriasis. Drugs, such as Cyclosporine Sandimmune and prevents the T-lymphocytes aggressive affect healthy skin cells.
It is important to note that immunosuppressants are toxic, therefore used only doctor.
This is a non-steroidal medication. They relieve inflammation and reduce or reduce the pain.
The development of modern pharmaceutical industry. They normalize the activity of T-lymphocytes, but inhibit the immune system. The person becomes susceptible to viruses, infections.
In addition, you need to take vitamin complexes.
Medicines for external use
In the initial phase of psoriasis is easy to cure with a special ointment and creams. In the severe form of the disease, which are a necessary component of complex treatment, because they allow as much as possible, and to quickly eliminate the symptoms that directly affect the psoriatic papules.
The most effective medicines:
Hormonal ointments and creams
Due to the presence of hormones, it works after a few applications. Administered in the acute stage of the disease, reduce inflammation, peeling, itching, suppress the excessive growth of skin cells.
Hormonal drugs have different intensity of effects on the body. For a given parameter, which are divided into 4 classes:
- Class I - contain low concentrations of hormones, granted, if a small number of pimples, especially when they are in areas of the body with sensitive skin (face, groin);
- Class II reduces the permeability of blood vessels, eliminates swelling, itching, and inflammation.
- Class III - rapid elimination of chronic symptoms of psoriasis;
- Class IV are the most active hormonal drugs, which help in the most advanced forms of psoriasis. The active ingredients quickly penetrate into the skin
The maximum duration of treatment hormonal therapy is 7-14 days, with a gradual reduction in the dose, otherwise you will not addictive drug.
non-hormonal ointments and creams
Improves condition of skin, reduce the unpleasant feelings that accompany psoriasis. The main types of these drugs:
- tar, which are generated on the basis of birch, pine tar, effectively fight inflammation on the skin, stops abnormal cell division, these drugs are Vishnevsky ointment, and intraalveolar ointment still works superficially, moisturize and soften the skin, they are called for the progressive stage of the disease, this group includes salicylic and zinc ointments;
- ointment with solidol based on solidol, softening the surface of the skin, promotes cell renewal epidermis, antiseptic and anaesthetic effects; of ointment with vitamins stimulate metabolic processes and improve skin condition;
- ointments that contain oil relieves pain, itching, promoting exfoliation for psoriatic papules;
- ointments of mustard gas used in stationary and retreating stages of the disease
The benefits of non-hormonal ointments, which are not addictive, does not affect the functioning of the endocrine system and other internal organs, which are compatible with other medicines.
Medicated shampoos to treat psoriasis on the scalp.
Having a comprehensive effect, removing discomfort and promoting the healing process of the papule, it helps the skin to recover. The main types of shampoos:
- antifungal - removed from the surface of the skin, fungus, relieve itching, flaking;
- tar - containing tar, which cleanses the skin from dead cells, eliminates itching, reduces inflammation;
- treatment, contain Ichthyol, salicylic acid, zinc accelerates the healing of pimples, activating natural repair processes of the skin;
- beauty - which contain less concentration of the treatment components, therefore, are determined to prevent psoriasis, but not for the treatment;
- children - designed for the treatment of psoriasis in a child, therefore, made from the most natural ingredients, does not contain chemical compounds, fragrances.
Patches of psoriasis
The new facility, which has been pasted on the affected skin. Includes oil, borneol, fluocinonide, which guarantee no Allergy, anti-inflammatory and regenerating effect
In the treatment of all types of psoriasis high efficiency is achieved physiotherapy. Have them only for the stationary stage of the disease. In the acute phase, physical therapy is not used.
Think about the most popular procedures:
- UV radiation depends on the area affected of the skin uses a zonal or total exposure. Not to be used in the treatment of psoriasis year. The number and duration of procedures is determined individually.
- Electrosleep is the sedative effect, normalizes activity of the nervous system. Accelerates the healing process of papules. Is 8-10 procedures for 20-60 minutes.
- Selective phototherapy (S. F. T) psoriatic skin areas that are exposed to waves with a length of 310-340 nm. Encourages long-term remission. The duration of treatment is determined individually.
- PUVA therapy is assigned when severe stage psoriasis affected large areas of the skin. The essence of the procedure patients are within the photosensitizers, and then perform irradiation with the UV wave length of 320-400 nm. We have to go up to 25. session. You may experience side effects, dryness, itching, redness, skin pigmentation, nausea, hepatitis.
- For radiation therapy to the affected area of the epidermis exposed to ultra-soft or soft x-rays. Eliminates itching and inflammation, accelerates healing. The procedure is performed 1 time per 4-7 days.
- The papules are exposed to ultrasonic waves with a frequency of 800-3000 kHz. To achieve anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antiallergenic effect is 8-14 session will take a maximum of 15 minutes.
- Cryotherapy reduces itching, stimulates the metabolism. To promote the healing of the papules, you need to go 20-25 procedures 2-3.5 minutes twice a day.
- Magnetic therapy prescribed for all sorts of diseases, but is particularly effective for the treatment of psoriatic arthritis. Normalizes activity of the Central nervous system, relieves itching, stimulates the regeneration of the procession of the skin. The duration of treatment is 10-12 sessions for 10 minutes.
- Laser therapy is a painless method, which involves irradiation of the papules with a laser, which contributes to their rapid healing. The number and duration of procedures the doctor determines individually.
- Bath with sea salt will eliminate the symptoms of the disease, improve the condition of skin. For their preparation need water 37-37°C, per liter, are dissolved 5 g of salt. It takes 15-20 days to 15-20 minutes.
Many who cured psoriasis fully, taking a comprehensive course of sanatorium-resort treatment. He suggests treatment with mineral water, dirt, oil and other methods.