Hair psoriasis is a skin abnormality which is characterized by chronic course and recurrent exacerbations. Currently, this form of the disease is the most prevalent. It is accompanied by characteristic symptoms, which allows the professionals, without the use of instrumental and laboratory techniques for the diagnosis of diseases. Despite the fact that psoriasis scalp is not responsible or danger of death for patients, significantly complicating their life.
Psoriasis is incurable and not fully understood disease. For many years scientists from different countries carried out various studies, intended to identify the causes of the disease. Up to today they are not able to establish the exact etiology of psoriasis, but bad heredity. Scientists were able to prove that this disease is genetically transmitted and develops in people who are under the influence of precipitating factors. There are many internal and external factors that can trigger the development of this form of psoriasis.
These include the following:
Disease with an infectious etiology.
Stress, constant psycho-emotional stress.
A violation of the rules and diet.
Adverse climatic conditions (living in cold regions).
Alcohol abuse (including Smoking).
The pathology that takes place in the digestive tract.
Damage to the integuments skin: chemical, thermal, mechanical.
Violations in the work of systems such as the endocrine, immune.
Forms of the disease
Hairy psoriasis can appear in two forms:
Easy. People, the skin on the head appear isolated injury, which are small. The surface of the psoriatic plaques covered with small scales.
Heavy. People completely surprised by the skin. On the scalp, there is a large concentration of the psoriatic plates, which are large, dense structure and large scales.
Modern medicine is different in several stages of development of this skin disease:
- In the stationary. Patients in the development of the disease does not appear to be new, the psoriatic plates, but the old rashes do not disappear.
- Gradually. At this stage people are existing psoriatic panels excess of scalp and affect the frontal area, ears, neck, etc., in Parallel, joined the new skin, increase the symptoms.
- Regressive. Patients in this stage of the course of the disease, which start to disappear the typical symptoms. In the place of psoriatic plaques are formed dark spots.
Localization of lesions
Hair psoriasis is a skin disease that is diagnosed in almost 60% of the people who come to dermatologists with complaints of the manifestations of the characteristic symptoms. If the disease is not treated promptly, then people will have to face serious complications.
As a rule, in this form of the disease psoriatic panels appear in the following areas:
- Effect on the skin cover, located above and behind the ears. The lesions spread to the ears.
- Psoriatic panels, covering the occipital and frontal area.
- Effect on the skin, the skin on the back of the neck.
- Psoriatic lesions appear between the lines of the hair.
The first sign of the development of this disorder are characterized by rash on the scalp. People who are noticed in any rash should immediately contact the health facility for consultation. You should not attempt to perform a local treatment, as this will lead to serious complications.
Usually this form of psoriasis develops in stages:
Initially, the skin, the skin shows papules which are pink in color. Their surface contains flakes. Happen very quickly their transformation in the psoriatic plates. In the very early stage of the disease, people do not notice any pronounced symptoms. Many patients do not pay enough attention to the occasional outbreaks. With the development of the pathology on the skin is peeling, which is often accompanied by irritation and itching.
In the next phase is inflammation, the inflammation increases and the itching intensifies. Patients begin to comb through the damage, which in their places are sores, abrasions and cuts.
With the progression of the pathology of the psoriatic plates increase in size, their structure is compressed, and the surface becomes more rough. Patients appear the peeling of the scales from the hair accumulates a large amount of dandruff, with a whitish color.
In the next phase of the psoriatic scales of the rapid increase in the size and to obtain the appearance of the flakes. Increases the itching, the patients begins to comb the skin, which leads to a deterioration in the course of the disease.
The skin loses its natural elasticity, and are damaged even with light physical effect. At the helm of patients occur bumps, and the panel that covers the entire hairy surface.
If people do not pass the treatment, the pathological process has spread to other parts of the body.
In young children the disease develops in the following way:
Originally the scalp redness appear.
The next step is a maceration (softened skin cover).
Start the process of flaking of psoriatic scales.
In some places formed pockets of congestion of the scale. If the disease occurs in toddlers younger age groups, are its first symptoms are similar to diaper rashes. Many moms begin to resolve this problem, which leads to complications of the disease.
Before the determination of the patient during treatment with medication, a dermatologist should perform a series of diagnostic procedures and to differentiate the disease from other skin diseases with similar symptoms. As a rule, the intake specialist performs the following range of activities:
Overview of the damaged layers of the skin.
He listens to the complaints of the patient, which are determined by all external symptoms.
The history of pathology.
Studies of psoriatic scales under the microscope.
A biopsy, after which the collected material is transferred for histological examination.
Assigned laboratory blood.
After the patient was diagnosed with psoriasis of the hair, the specialist will explain to him how to treat these diseases. As a rule, for each patient we develop an individual scheme for complex treatment, which includes a wide range of activities:
Medications administered orally.
Is local treatment.
The patient is translated on a special diet.
Assigned to physiotherapy, which should pass the courses.
Displays attending a specialized sanatoria and health resorts, which carries out the mud therapy and mineral water.
With medications can include the following groups of medicines:
- antihistamine; and
- allergen medications;
- vitamin-mineral complexes;
- retinoids (arom.);
- medicines used in immunotherapy (nonspecific), for example, aloe, ATP;
- from the cytostatics.
This category of patients can be obtained for intravenous infusions gemodeza (solution). Also experts, when it is stated you can assign the introduction of autologous blood (soda ash). It should be noted that medications such as cytostatics and corticosteroids are prescribed in severe disease, when more light medication did not bring the expected therapeutic effect. In this case, when the skin disease joined infection (secondary), then in the course of therapy included antibiotics.
Due to the fact that this skin disease often develops on the basis of psycho-emotional tension, stress and nervous disorders, patients are prescribed special medications from the group of normotonikov, anxiolytics, antidepressants.
Have the following effect:
- Normalize sleep.
- Eliminating partially or completely the anxiety, the depression.
- It helps to get rid of social phobia.
- Relieve stress and increase resilience in stressful situations.
- To reduce the intensity of itching.
In the treatment of skin pathology, which is reflected in the scalp, dermatologists prescribe patients medications for the external treatment of the injuries:
Grease (agens). Shown regular use of ointments, such as Salicylic, Naftalan, In sulphur tar, Ichthyol.
Grease (glucocorticoid) is prescribed to patients in the case, when they noticed a serious course of the disease.
The drug, which includes a variety of acids in high concentrations. It comes to the pharmacy in the form of a solution, which is designed for the external treatment of the skin skin on the scalp.
Special shampoos, which have a therapeutic effect.
- In the case of complex hair therapy of psoriasis, patients are assigned to different courses of physiotherapy: this is a sign that you hold the irradiation of skin with ultraviolet light or laser (erbium).
- Assigned to sessions of PUVA therapy, hemosorption, hydrotherapy.
- It is recommended to carry out the procedures of plasmapheresis, etc
In the implementation of the comprehensive treatment of fibrous patients with psoriasis, can at the same time using old methods. To decide for themselves the most effective and safe prescription drugs every patient must consult with your dermatologist. In the fight against this incurable disease can help the following healing tools:
- Will grass celandine (300 g), washed, dried and crushed. From the resulting slurry must compress the liquid, which is added dry red wine (30 ml). The affected skin should be treated with this composition, leave it for 15-17 minutes, then rinse thoroughly under running water.
- Young sunflowers (2pcs) that you need to prepare the tincture: crushed and poured white wine (100 ml). The container is sealed, and she had to stand in a dark place for two days. After that from the mixture of press juice. This healing fluid, required for healing of an injury. This recipe is ideal for those patients in whom psoriatic manifestations are accompanied by inflammation.
- Gather the flowers of elder (1..l.), put in a bowl and pour over with boiling water (450 ml). Fills the contents of the pan must have a minimum of one hour and a half. Then the mixture was filtered, and the medicinal solution is used one hour after a meal half a Cup.
- In a bowl put natural honey (1..l.), which is attached to the protein (1pc), a small amount of shampoo (baby). All the components are thoroughly mixed, and then applied to the injury. After 25 minutes, the vehicle needs to be washed off under running water.
How to care for your hair?
If a person was diagnosed with psoriasis of the hair, he needs to learn how to properly care for this area. In this case, when patients will be after all the recommendations of the experts that will be able to achieve good results in the process of therapy:
- The scalp should be washed only with special shampoos.
- During combing of hair, it is necessary to use a comb with bristles made from natural materials. Manipulation must be done very carefully, so as not to damage the psoriatic plates, otherwise it can infect.
- Every day, patients have to undergo sanitization of all tools used for personal hygiene.
- Dermatologists do not advise patients with the use of drying, hair coloring, no perms, because such action can cause additional damage to the skin.
- If the disease be severe, the ideal solution would be a short haircut, which will greatly facilitate both the external skin care, medications and hair care products.