In modern dermatology psoriasis is one of the most pressing social and health problems, due to a substantial percentage from 14.6% to 24% in the total structure of all skin diseases. Most often the psoriasis found in the scalp. This form of disease is among all types of this disease is, according to different authors, from 50 to 80%.
Psoriasis of the scalp requires proper treatment to prevent progression and spread of disease. In addition, he brings a lot of mental and social problems of patients, as the skin of the error is impossible to hide from the eyes of others.
Psoriasis of the scalp, often isolated, localized form, but can sometimes be complicated by psoriatic arthritis that causes disability of the patients.
Be aware that when psoriasis of the scalp, as that is not aggressive was the process, the hair never falls out, because the rashes do not affect the hair follicles and do not interfere with their normal growth.
- Infectious diseases;
- Chronic diseases of internal organs;
- Parasitic infection;
- Intestinal disorders;
- Injury of the scalp;
- Stress and increased nervousness;
- Chronic infections (caries, chronic tonsillitis, sinusitis, pyelonephritis);
- Regular exposure to low temperature on the scalp;
- Improper and unbalanced diet (eating large amounts of chocolate, coffee, candy);
- Bad habits (alcohol, Smoking, drugs);
Symptoms of psoriasis on the scalp
How to is psoriasis of the scalp:
- There is peeling in small areas of the scalp, is often starts at the back. Patients usually start to use the dandruff shampoos, having these symptoms for seborrheic dermatitis.
- Peeling capture large areas of the skin, itching and minor irritation of the skin.
- Itching and irritation of the skin increases, the patient scratching the skin blood. On the scalp occur abrasions.
- The skin becomes dry, rough and not elastic, it is easily damaged. Then there are large red spots and bumps.
- Panels begin intense flakes on their surface, the formed gray scales.
- Panel joints and the outside of the line of hair growth, the formation of the crown, psoriasis (affects the part of the forehead and behind the ear).
The area of localization of psoriasis on the scalp
- Skin behind and above the ears
- The ears
- The back of the head
- On the back of the neck.
Details about the disease of psoriasis, see the article: "Psoriasis: causes, symptoms, classification, stages and levels of severity," and the article "Psoriasis. Treatment and skin care".
Local therapy in the treatment of psoriasis on the scalp
Its essence is that the use of these medications, creams, ointments, emulsions, shampoos and lotions, which are:
- low toxicity;
- maximum performance with a minimum of exposure;
- the property of light distribution across the scalp;
- comfort (in cosmetic terms) of use — the absence of color, smell, setting and drying effects on the hair.
Today, unfortunately, the maximum meet the requirements of the universal remedies, which do not yet exist.
In the treatment of psoriasis scalp of the hormonal products, their ongoing use should not exceed 2-3 weeks. In addition, it is necessary to stick to a diet.
Psoriasis of the scalp: treatment of folk remedies
Psoriasis treatment on scalp at home is possible only after consultation with your doctor.
Folk remedies from psoriasis for oral administration
For the treatment of psoriasis with the help of the infusions and decoctions of herbs that normalize the metabolism, increase the resistance, improve the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract and have anti-inflammatory effect.
- Take 20 g of grass succession and calamus root, 15 g of black elderberry flowers, roots of elecampane, cowberry leaves, horsetail, corn flour and 10 g of celandine. Add 500 ml of boiling water and then in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes, then cool and strain. An infusion of the herb should be used on 100 ml 2 times a day for 2 weeks.
- Take 30 grams of leaves of black currant and black elderberry flowers, 20 g of walnut leaves, purple tricolor, cottonweed forest, horsetail, lime flowers and 10 g of celandine. Add 500 ml of boiling water and then in a preheated oven for about 30 minutes, or wrap in a warm towel for 2-3 hours, then cool and strain. An infusion of the herb should be used on 100 ml 2 times a day for 2 weeks.
- Take 20 grams of the roots of the burdock and purple tricolor, 5 g nettle leaves, black elderberry flowers, Thistle, curly (cnicus). Add 500 ml of boiling water and then in a preheated oven for about 30 minutes, or wrap in a warm towel for 2-3 hours, then cool and strain. An infusion of the herb should be used between meals of 200 ml 2-3 times a day for 2 weeks.
- Take 30 g of nettle leaves and burdock root, 20 g of dandelion roots. Add 500 ml of boiling water and cook for 5 minutes on low heat, leave the mixture for 60 minutes. and then strain. An infusion of the herb should be used between meals 100 ml 2 -3 times a day for 2 weeks.
- Tincture of Safor Japanese takes place as follows: take 3 tablespoons. l. flowers Safor Japanese vodka and 500 ml. Grass, place in a glass bowl, pour vodka and infuse in a dark place for one month. Take 5 ml 3 times a day for one month.
Folk cure for psoriasis for external use
Treatment of psoriasis with traditional medicine involves the use of ointments, lotions, baths to reduce the itching, soften the skin, promotes healing of the skin and reduce inflammation.
Ointment with propolis
Take 250 g of natural butter and completely melt in the hot oil add 25 g of propolis, stir and leave to cool. Consequently, the ointment is to be put into a sterilized glass jar with a lid to make it easy to store in the refrigerator. Before applying the ointment, psoriatic parts of the wipe with 3% hydrogen peroxide and let dry then apply a thin layer of ointment, the procedure is carried out 1-2 times daily until improvement.
The ointment of celandine
Take equal proportions of grass celandine and the pharmaceutical vaseline, mix and apply to affected skin 1 time a day for 3 days 4. day – do nothing for 4-6 months.
The ointment from honey and egg white
Take the egg white, can of bees, honey, 1 S. L., children cream 1 tsp petroleum jelly for medical 2 tsp, mix and apply to affected psoriasis areas, 1-2 times a day.
Ointment with garlic ash
Check liquid honey 100 g and ash of garlic 1 tablespoon of Ash, which is prepared as follows: place on a baking sheet cloves of garlic and bake them until they turn into ashes. Honey and ashes from the garlic, mix and apply to affected skin 1 time per day.
Ointment of tar and oil of camphor
Take pharmacy birch tar 150 g, camphor alcohol, 150 ml of ethanol and 75 ml egg yolks, 3 eggs, thoroughly mix all ingredients. The mixture is applied to affected skin 3-4 times a day, not washed for 3 days, and then wash the hair and scalp soap out of tar. Such manipulations need to spend 4-5 times.
Ointment fish oil, tar and copper sulphate
Take pharmacy birch tar, 1 tbsp cod liver oil and butter oil, copper sulphate 1/2 tsp, boil over a slow fire, stirring constantly kept in a sterilized container in the refrigerator. Use 1 hour per day in a month.
Grease from the roots of elecampane
Take a small piece of fresh bacon and roll in a grinder, in the resulting mince add 1 tbsp. spoon crushed roots of elecampane, cook for 15 minutes, constantly stirring, strain and store in the refrigerator. Use 1 times daily application to the affected skin.
Packs of clay for the treatment of psoriasis
Treatment psoriasis clay and mud, which is used for a long time. At home best fit blue, red or grey clay, because they have the most pronounced antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antipruritic properties.
Clay mask from psoriasis on the scalp
To dissolve the clay in accordance with the instructions and apply on the scalp exitus, allow to dry, then rinse with warm water and rinse your hair with extract of camomile.
A compress of clay and salt
Take the clay and coarse salt (preferably sea) in equal parts, add the soup, the inheritance, until creamy state, apply the poultice on problem areas and cover with a cloth to soak for 2 hours.
A compress of clay, vinegar and salt
Take the clay and coarse salt in equal proportions, add Apple cider vinegar to the consistency of thick cream, apply on the scalp for 2 hours, then rinse.
Baths for psoriasis of the scalp
Smokes grass mylnjanki medicines
2 cups of chopped herbs, cover with cold water and boil for 15 minutes then wait 60 minutes, strain the decoction and add it to the bath, fully submerge the scalp and the body, the exposure time of 15 minutes, the course is 10-15 procedures per day.
Bath yarrow herb
Take 2 cups of herbs, cover with water, boil for 20 minutes and allow to steep 1 hour, strain and add to bath exposure time of 15-20 minutes, the course is 10-15 procedures per day.
Bath with of grass succession
A decoction of the sequence of preparation as well as the two previous recipe.
Bath with sea salt for psoriasis
Dissolve in the bath with sea salt 400 g, you can use sea salt with herbs, but without aromatic additives. These baths should be applied 2 times per week for 15-20 minutes, a course of 15-20 procedures.
A bath blend of herbs
Take 4 pieces of chicory, the roots, 4 parts of Valerian root, 2 parts oregano, 2 parts hawthorn berries 2 parts hops 1 part of celandine, pour water, after boiling, the broth is cooled and insist 40 minutes, then filtered and added to the bath. The bath should be used 2-3 times per week for 15-20 minutes, a course of 15-20 procedures.
Bath with essential oils
Take essential oils of bergamot, juniper, rose 5 drops, and add in a small amount of milk, then disappeared into the bathroom. Bath applied 2-times per week, for 15-20 minutes, a course of 10-15 procedures.