Winston Churchill, himself suffers from psoriasis, he promised to put a monument from pure gold to the person who will determine the cause of the disease and find effective means for its treatment. Unfortunately, candidates are still there. However, there are tools that can be used to achieve stable remission. Many of them can be used at home.
What is this disease?
Psoriasis is a recurrent disease with a chronic course, the main manifestation of which is the rash patches and peeling skin. Sometimes accompanied by lymph nodes, joints, muscles, bones, neurological changes. In the course of treatment includes a complex of measures aimed at the exclusion of precipitating factors and the treatment of the symptoms of the disease. There are very effective ways to treat psoriasis at home.
This disease is basically an abnormal reaction to external stimuli, in which the top layer of the skin die off faster than it should occur in norm. Typically, the duration of the cycle of cell division is 3-4 weeks. In psoriasis this is reduced to 4-5 days.
The causes for the disease are not yet understood. Currently, experts are more inclined to the theory of the hereditary nature of psoriasis. In other words, on the basis of its development there is not one reason, but the full range:
- genetic predisposition;
- metabolic process;
- immunological shifts;
- disorders in the endocrine system;
- neurological disorders;
With all the variety of existing theories about the origin of the disease, we can say with accuracy: psoriasis is not a contagious disease and cannot be infected.
Psoriasis occurs in the form of outbreaks. In the course there are three phases:
- The stationary phase.
The acute onset of psoriasis. Occur on the skin small bright red spots that grow on the outskirts and reach the size of a coin. Combine with each other, forming a psoriatic panels. Most often, rashes are localized on the scalp, elbows, knees, anterior surface of the tibia. Approximately 1/3 of cases occur itching and feeling of tightness of the skin.
The rash of psoriasis have three characteristics, which is called psoriatic triad:
- The emergence of stearin site: on the surface of the skin, forming a grey-white rocks that can be moved away when poskablivanii.
- The phenomenon of terminal film: further, the friction reveals a smooth pink surface.
- The phenomenon of a dot bleeding: on a smooth exposed surface appears droplets of blood.
If you notice symptoms of psoriasis, you should consult with a dermatologist. After the diagnosis prescribe the appropriate course of treatment. At the same time the implementation of the treatment at home.
How to treat at home
On the day of, in the treatment of psoriasis always either in health facilities or at home, it is impossible. The goal of therapy is to control your own path. The extension of the remission achieved with medication oral and money of the local destinations for the relief of symptoms. This:
- the medical ointments, creams;
- herbal infusions;
- baths with the addition of infusions;
- UV irradiation
The principle of home therapy
For the successful treatment of psoriasis at home, you must follow certain rules:
- The regular use of prescription drugs, clearly following the instructions.
- Minor symptoms may be limited to light vehicles with plant extracts (e.g., aloe Vera). In severe course of the disease, which requires the use of hormonal drugs.
- With the use of special creams to maintain the normal level of hydration.
- After softening the crust carefully and very gently remove the loose fitting. Remove the crust, which contributes to a more intense pumping of the treatment creams and lotions.
- Carefully follow the prescribed schedule for sunbathing and treatments UV therapy.
- To get rid of psoriasis, you will need to use simple tools. At home is not recommended some medications and ointments, at the same time, this approach makes it impossible to check the effectiveness of one particular drug.
- During the courses of treatment you need to take a break from 1 month to six months.
- If psoriasis affected child, you first need to identify triggers and eliminate them. Sometimes for the treatment of a disease, which is a sufficient nutrition.
- Periodically contact your doctor or specialist centres, especially if the severity of the symptoms of the disease. Interested in innovations in the treatment of psoriasis and consult with experts regarding the appropriateness of their use.
For the treatment of psoriasis at home – more specifically, to achieve alleviate the symptoms along with ointments are recommended to pills. This treatment is more effective than only local.
During the acute disease prescribe antihistamines. If the patient suffers from sleep disorders, you can use a sedative with a mild effect.
Psoriasis may be accompanied by disruption of the normal functioning of the digestive system.
When you join the acute infection need to take antibiotics: penicillins, cephalosporins, macrolides. Their use in the household, and taking all other drugs, is possible only on the proposal of the attending physician. Pain, syndrome, the resulting complications of the inflammatory process in psoriasis can be removed with the use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
And as always, it is possible to treat this disease? Recently, a very popular Chinese medicines. These capsules and ointments, which are, as they say manufacturers, have miraculous properties. Many of them are not registered in the Russian Federation and distributed illegally. The traders ensure that the funds are exclusively Chinese herbs. However, laboratory studies show that in most cases these medications contain corticosteroids, and their uncontrolled reception even at a stretch cannot be called harmless.
Treatment of psoriasis on the head
In the home can be very successful for the treatment of psoriasis on the scalp. How to do this? For the use of shampoos, ointments or use of folk remedies.
Important rules to follow for home therapy:
- Do not treat the hair and scalp.
- To avoid damage to the skin (scratches, perforations).
- After softening the skin with shampoo, to remove only the loosely attached scales.
- To control the process of exfoliation, the head should be washed with a special shampoo as often as needed.
- The funds do not RUB it into the hair and skin.
- Between shampooing shampoo beat until the foam and leave for 5-10 minutes, then rinse.
For home treatment is well established following tools from psoriasis on the head:
- Mild shampoos containing coal tar. They have a specific smell and a little dryer. Some funds from the coal tar, it is recommended to leave for a few hours, then rinse thoroughly.
- Shampoos with cadmiae-pyrithione. It can be used for the treatment of mild forms of psoriasis. Zinc reduces the quantity of dead skin cells, reduces hair loss. Many of these tools also contains allantoin, which soothes the scalp and speed up the healing process.
- Chloroxine shampoo with sulfide and the village. Very effective in mild psoriasis.
- Means with ketoconazole. Has an antifungal effect, relieves itching and flaking.
The Baby shampoo. Due to the absence of toxic components, fragrances and dyes in the composition can be used safely for the treatment of psoriasis at home:
- Ointments with anthralin. Anthralin is one of the most popular methods for the treatment of psoriasis. The reduction of cell proliferation, this is a substance that reduces the severity of symptoms.
- Corticosteroid solutions can help heal the psoriasis is very severe, but in some cases elicit a worsening of symptoms. Using it at home, it is recommended only as directed by a physician. The maximum course duration is 2 weeks.
He advises the people's medicine
- Psoriasis of the scalp of the popular media, the most widely used natural oils: olive, peanut, mineral, tea tree, rosemary, cupressus. For the softening of the skin is rubbed for the night, wear a bonnet, and in the morning wash treatment shampoo. Very helpful red and white clay, the juice of the onion, decoction of nettles.
- Helps in the following ways: take one tablespoon of grape and almond oil and 2 tablespoons coconut. Add honey and cognac (one teaspoon) and a few drops of essential oils: lavender, eucalyptus. The mixture should be slightly warm, it does not hold in a water bath, then apply on the scalp. This mask should be kept for at least 2 hours.
- Psoriasis on the head can be treated with sea salt. How to do this? Before washing the hair for 5 minutes, massaging the scalp, rubbing salt. To improve the efficiency of the process, so it is recommended to impregnate the salt and a few drops of essential oils (rosemary, tea tree, eucalyptus).
- How can treatment of psoriasis on the head? Good results gives rinse your hair with water and adding essential oils. In one litre of warm water add 10 drops of oil. To use this tool, as a rinse.
- Another recipe: mix the oil, calendula tincture and 2 egg yolks. Apply on the scalp 2-3 hours to wash off.
At home treatment for psoriasis, you can use herbal infusions. In many cases, they are very effective and can significantly reduce the severity of the symptoms of the disease.
What can treatment of psoriasis?
- With the localization on the skin of the scalp is often used leaf juice of the Golden mustache. It is rubbed into the scalp and after shampooing rinse hair decoction of the plant.
- The roots of the sarsaparilla' (20 g) for about 8-10 hours insist in a liter of water, then leave for 20 minutes and strain. One part of the drink hot, and the other drink during the day. Course duration – 20 days.
- Lubricate the affected areas with ash on the branches of the hips, in equal parts, mixed with petroleum jelly.
- An infusion of elderberries (2 tsp + 5000 ml of water) three times a day half a Cup. In the same way abies drinking water.
- Finely chopped young baskets of sunflower pour in the white wine and infuse for 2 days. Mulled means to filter and use to wet the inflamed areas. You can bandage and keep them to 2-3 hours. With the defeat of the skin, sunflower infusion is used for washing.
- When nail psoriasis is a very effective herbal baths with an infusion of celandine, nettle, elecampane, succession, st. john's wort, calamus.
An important condition for effective home treatment of psoriasis after a special diet. From the diet should exclude:
- chocolate and sugar confectionery products with chocolate, cream;
- foods that contain preservatives, food colorants, aromas;
- fruit and vegetables, red;
- carbonated beverages;
You should also reduce the intake of meat, eggs, sugar, to stop Smoking.
After the disappearance of the symptoms, you can gradually start to eat some prohibited food, watching the reaction of the body. With increasing symptoms, the product should again be deleted.
Prevention of exacerbations
To prevent recurrence, and worsening of symptoms, patients with psoriasis should follow a few important rules:
- To protect the skin from chemicals and other corrosive factors. When doing housework, wear rubber gloves.
- Not to stretch and not rubbing the skin when washing.
- To give preference to the soul: the bath often lead to increased dryness of the skin. Bath water should not be hot. It is recommended that you add the infusion.
- To use medical means, or a neutral soap.
- Not to remove the dead skin with force.
- To prevent the penetration of infection in the body, injury and other damage to the skin. If they occur, immediately begin treatment.
- With the localization of psoriasis on the scalp use a soft comb with rounded teeth.
- Limit the time of exposure to the sun. For protection against exposure to the sun, use products with UV filters.
- Don't wear tight shoes, hats, dresses, watches: they irritate and traumatize the skin, which leads to complications of the disease.
- To maintain the normal level of humidity and prevents drying of the skin that you use special home humidifiers.
- Avoid stress: increase the severity of symptoms of psoriasis.
- If treatment at home do not forget about possible negative drug reactions, and incompatibilities between some of them. Before the use of any funds to consult with a professional.