Recipes of traditional medicine used for the treatment of many diseases, psoriasis is no exception. These recipes are tested and proven effective in many patients who suffer from this embarrassing disease of the skin. It can be used at different stages of the disease and to ensure more long-term remission.
Before using the popular recipes from psoriasis are advised to consult with a doctor and make sure you have no contra-indications or allergic reactions to one of the ingredients of the recipe, and then treatment of psoriasis folk remedies home will do you only good.
The basic rules of home therapy
Home treatment has its own characteristics and some rules. Here are the most important:
- apply some folk ways (for example, a decoction of herbs for ingestion and prescription ointments or lotions);
- to achieve positive dynamics it is necessary to pass the recommended course of treatment (about 7-10 procedures), because the economy of 2-4 procedures will have no effect;
- during treatment folk methods, which does not differ accordance with the doctor's recommendations (diet, protecting the skin from temperature effects and of the sun, medications, etc).
Most doctors recommend the use of the folk art at the time of remission of the disease, but some of the recipes can be used in the acute phase.
Folk remedies from psoriasis for oral administration
For the treatment of psoriasis folk medicine recommends the consumption of decoctions and infusions from medicinal herbs that normalize the metabolism, eliminate deficiencies, stimulate the immune system and ensure normal functioning of the gastrointestinal tract. For the purchase of raw materials, to bring them more in pharmacies or specialized shops.
- grass succession: 20 g;
- calamus root – 20 g;
- black elderberry flowers – 15 g;
- the roots of elecampane – 15 g;
- cowberry leaves – 15 g;
- horsetail – 15 g;
- celandine – 10 g;
- corn silk – 15
All of the ingredients and chop and mix. Place in fireproof dish, 2 full tablespoons of collecting herbs, add 500 ml of boiling water and then in a preheated oven for about half an hour. Give the infusion to cool and strain. This herb to make 100 ml twice a day for 2 weeks. After 2 weeks of the course may be repeated.
- currant leaves – 300 g;
- black elderberry flowers – 300 g;
- walnut leaves – 200 g;
- viola tricolor – 200 g;
- cottonweed forest – 200 g;
- horsetail – 200 g;
- Linden flowers – 200 g;
- celandine – 100 g
All of the ingredients and chop and mix. In a glass bowl place 2 full tablespoons of collecting herbs, add 500 ml of boiling water, cover, wrap with a towel and leave for 2-3 hours. Strained infusion to drink 2/3 Cup 3 times a day. This collection of herbs should take 2 weeks, and 2 weeks break, repeat the course.
Collection of herbs 3
- burdock root – 100 g;
- viola tricolor – 100 g;
- elder flowers – 50 g;
- cnicus – 50 g;
- nettle leaves – 50 g.
All of the ingredients and chop and mix. Teaspoon of herbs to place in a glass bowl, pour 500 ml of boiling water, cover and wrap with towel. The strained infusion a duration of 200 ml 2-3 times a day (between meals). This collection of herbs should take 2 weeks, and 2 weeks break, repeat the course.
- nettle leaves – 300 g;
- dandelion roots – 200 g;
- burdock root – 300 g
All of the ingredients and chop and mix. Full spoon collection of herbs placed in an enamel bowl, add 500 ml of boiling water, cover and cook on low flame for 5 minutes. To insist under a warm towel for one hour. To drink for 2 weeks 100 ml 3 times a day. Take a break for 2 weeks.
- the root of the family Caryophyllaceae – 3 tablespoons;
- burdock root – 2 tablespoons.
All the ingredients grind and mix, put in container, pour 600 ml of boiling water for 10 minutes, to withstand a water bath. Insist 40 minutes, strain and drink the soup throughout the day. To drink for 2 weeks. Take a break for 2 weeks.
Tincture of Sophora japonica
- the flowers of Sophora japonica – 3 tablespoons;
- vodka (plain) – 500 ml.
The flowers of Sophora japonica to put in a glass bowl, pour vodka and insist in a dark place (e.g. cupboard) in a month (occasionally dishes with the infusion shake). Drink 5 ml 3 times a day. The duration of administration is 3 months.
Tincture of the roots of elecampane
- the roots of elecampane – 250 g;
- vodka (plain) – 500 ml.
Roots of elecampane to grind, place in a glass bowl, pour vodka and insist in a dark place for 2 weeks (occasionally the container with the infusion shake). Drink 15-20 drops mixed with a small amount of water, 3 times a day. The tincture take 1 month, 2 weeks course may be repeated.
Folk remedies for external use
For the treatment of psoriasis folk medicine offers numerous recipes for ointments, lotions and other external assets. Help you eliminate pain and inflammation, soften, and moisturize the faster healing of the skin.
Ointment with propolis
In an enamel bowl put 250 grams of butter, bring to a slow frying boiling. Remove from heat and add to the hot oil 25 g comminuted into a powder, propolis. The resulting mixture was constantly stirred until cool. Grease is located in a sterilized glass container with a lid and store in the fridge.
Before using this tool, psoriatic skin treated with a cloth moistened with hydrogen peroxide, and dry it with the tissue a sterile bandage. Ointment apply a thin layer 1-2 times a day.
Grease from the roots of elecampane
Unsalted fat grind in a meat grinder and place in an enamel bowl. Add a tablespoon of the roots of elecampane (it is better to grind in a coffee grinder), mix and leave the mixture on low flame for about 15 minutes. The resulting mass of strain and place in a sterilized glass jar, cover and store in the fridge.
Psoriatic skin lubricate 1 per day. Can be combined with lotions and bath of decoction of the roots elecampane.
Ointment of tar and oil of camphor
Mix together in a glass container until smooth 150 g pharmacy birch tar, camphor 150 ml of ethanol, 75 ml of alcohol and 3 egg yolks. Ointment to the lid, and store in the refrigerator.
3-4 times a day lubricate the mixture outbreaks of psoriasis. Do not rinse. After 3 days, wash with lye soap. To make the process 4-5 times.
Ointment of tar, fish oil, and copper sulphate
In an enamel bowl place 1 tablespoon of birch tar, 1 teaspoon of cod liver oil, 1 teaspoon butter, ½ teaspoon of copper sulphate. Mix all the ingredients in a smooth consistency and boil on slow heat for about 5 minutes. Ointment to pour in sterilized glass container, cover and store in the fridge.
Agent is to be used at the damage of psoriasis times per day. The duration of treatment is about a month.
Grass celandine mash powder and mix with the same amount of pharmaceutical vaseline. Consequently, the grease, which is located in a sterilized glass container.
The preparation is applied to psoriatic areas of the body, for three days, on the fourth day – what you can do break. In this mode, the ointment used in six months, but each month is a break for one week.
Lotions from decoctions of herbs
For psoriasis treatment can recommended lotion from a decoction of herbs. Such folk remedies, which have anti-inflammatory, astringent, or soothing.
For the preparation of such decoctions can be used:
- flax seeds;
- the viola tricolor;
- St. john's wort;
- celandine, etc
Decoctions prepared in accordance with the instructions on the packaging, and perform the procedures they moisten the gauze before applying to the skin wrung out thoroughly. After 10 minutes (as a warming lotion) the fabric is again dipped in the broth, wring out and apply. These actions repeat for hours. Lotions are recommended to run twice a day, and the time of their application depends on the degree of damage to the skin.
For the treatment of psoriasis, may be of therapeutic baths from broths of medicinal herbs, in addition to the local effects on psoriatic areas of skin, beneficially affect the General health. Such procedures, stabilizes the nervous system, accelerate and regulate metabolism.
For the preparation of medicinal baths in psoriasis can be used both recipes:
- herb 4 parts, the chicory, the roots, 4 parts of Valerian root, 2 parts oregano, 2 parts hawthorn berries 2 parts hops 1 part of celandine – 300 g of the mixture of herbs pour 10 litres of cold water, when boiling, the decoction infuse for 40 minutes, strain and add into a bath with warm (not hot!) water, the process should take about 15-20 minutes, takes a bath 2 or 3 times per week for 4-6 weeks;
- decoction of herbs from the genus of clove – 2 cups of chopped herbs pour water, after 1.5 hours, boil for 15 minutes and infuse for one hour strain the soup and add it to the bath, the process takes approximately 15-20 minutes and is performed in a day, you should take 10-14 bath;
- a decoction of yarrow – 3 cups of herbs pour a water and infuse for 1.5 hours, leave it about 20 minutes and charged for one hour, strain and add to baths, the process takes approximately 15-20 minutes and is performed in a day, you should take 10-14 bath;
- a decoction of the sequence – to as decoction for baths with yarrow;
- sea salt in 2 litres of warm water, dissolve 1000 g of sea salt (without additives), the resulting solution was poured into the bath, the process takes approximately 15-20 minutes and are conducted 2 times per week, after the body should be rinsed off under the shower, the course of treatment consists of 15-20 baths.
Psoriasis treatment with clay
The use of clays for the treatment of psoriasis, which is based on the fact that the substances which it contains, it can absorb toxic products, obtained in the skin. Also, this natural product has the effect of drying, saturates the tissues with essential minerals and normalizes cellular metabolism.
For the treatment of psoriasis can be used clay, but the greatest effect was seen with the use of blue clay.
3-4 full spoons of clay and mix in a small amount of water and the resulting mixture pour into a bath filled with ¼ of warm water. Duration – 10 minutes. After bath body rinse with clean water. Such procedures can be carried out in a day or every day. It is required that 7-10 baths.
- Mix equal proportions of clay and coarse salt, add a small amount of soups series (the consistency should resemble thick cream). Apply the mixture obtained on a cloth and apply on the affected area of the skin. Suitable to withstand for two hours. Cloth to remove the residue from the clay and wash it off with warm water or a decoction of the sequence.
- A mixture of clay and vinegar (1:3). The solution was to add coarse salt (1:1) and mix. The compliance of the therapeutic composition should resemble a thick cream. Apply the mixture on the lesions of psoriasis and leave for 4 hours. The rest of the clay rinse with warm water.
The application is to be carried out 1 hour a day for 7-14 days. After 2 weeks break, repeat the course.
In clay add warm boiled water (or a decoction of medicinal herbs) and dilute it to the consistency of sour cream. A mixture layer of 1-3 cm spread on a cloth and applied to injuries of psoriasis. Compress the lock and wrap in warm cloth. After 3 hours, the bandage removed, and the rest of the clay rinse with warm water. The procedure was carried out 2-3 times a day. The course of treatment – 7-14 days.
Psoriasis is a disease that requires long and complicated treatment. During remission you might need a remedy that will help you to get rid of many unpleasant sensations and restore the body's defenses. Be sure to follow all doctor recommendations and healthy!