Psoriasis is a chronic skin disease (dermatosis) is not fully understood etiology, with a tendency to recur. Causes, symptoms and methods of treatment of psoriasis is discussed in the article below. This disease is characterized by accelerated and enhanced formation of cells in the upper layers of the skin, persistent inflammation and impaired properties of epithelial skin cells. In addition to the epidermis and affects the internal organs and systems in the body. Dermatosis is also known as psoriasisvulgaris (psoriasis).
Psoriasis is more common among young people, the debut of usually appears 10 to 20 years. However, there are cases when the symptoms and treatment of psoriasis has been observed in infants and the elderly. The disease occurs worldwide and has no clear dependence on latitude, racial or climatic conditions of the habitat. The prevalence of dermatosis varies in the range of 0.1-3%. In the post-Soviet space countries recorded approximately 1% of the cases.
The same often this skin pathology sick men and women.
Up to this point is not established the true cause of the disease.There are several factors that lead to the occurrence of the disease:
- Heredity. According to the latest scientific psoriasis, refers to some of the diseases with dominant transmission.
- Violation of lipid, protein and carbohydrate metabolism. If you suspect that psoriasis often seems that the changes of these profiles in the blood, which contributes to the development of cardiovascular pathology, endocrine disorders and metabolic syndrome.
- The presence of chronic infectious focus in the body. In the study, the psoriatic plates often reveals a streptococcal flora. The occurrence of genetic abnormalities, which may affect viral and bacterial infections, such as tonsillitis, flu.
- Failure of the immune system. Impaired regulation of populations of T-lymphocytes, increases the circulation of immune complexes and increasing the titers of antibodies to DNA to cause autoimmune reactions in the epithelial cells of the skin.
Despite the fact that the causes of psoriasis are very different, this disease is considered a genetic systemic disease with a propensity for heritage and impact on the internal organs and systems.
The main component of the psoriasis are papules - flat elevation above the skin level of reddish bluish or pink color with a silvery flaky surface with the horns.
Fresh outbreaks are more saturated color, the elderly with the passage of time pale. They can be occasional or carry the character of the brain - in any case, be symptoms of psoriasis.
At once the papules appear as a single point of efflorescence, which will eventually increase in size and turn into the psoriatic plates of various shapes. In one patient, it is possible to notice elements of lesions at different stages of their development.
Is symmetrical lesions, but there are exceptions, depending on what were the causes of psoriasis. Most often affects the surface of the upper and lower extremities, which are bent and unbent, large joints, but the disease can affect any part of the body, including the scalp and nails. Quite often it is the bone and joint disease of psoriatic arthropathy. Its prevalence is about 15% of all cases of psoriasis.
Skin rashes, which are the main symptom of psoriasis, there is a very long time, but most of the period of aggravation replaced remission without new lesions. For acute psoriasis are typical for the cold season, but can be seasonal changes.
For the differentiation of the disease, there are several methods and attributes (psoriatic triad):
Phenomenon stearin spot happens when psoriatic scraping element with a sharp object. This caused a lot of white-silvery scales that mimic the flakes of stearine.
With further manipulation, display terminal psoriatic film - moist and glossy finish.
In the next phase is the phenomenon of blood dew, which on the bare surface of the wound works as a drop of bleeding.
Psoriatic process can be divided into several clinical stages of the pathology, which is based on the severity of the disease:
- In the advanced stage. Fresh rashes are very commonly occurs at the site of skin damage (bite, scratching, action of chemicals, a traumatic injury). Usually 3-7 days from the moment of traumatic impact, it is possible to identify the emergence of new elements. Remarks reinforced a small increase in the old papules grow and merge panels. A well-defined, psoriatic triad. Patients worried about the obvious symptoms of psoriasis of the skin - intense itching, feeling of dryness and tension of the skin.
- The stationary phase. The new elements of the rash are almost there, there is no growth. With the use of existing nodes of the active surface of the exfoliation. Itching is less pronounced or absent.
- Stage of paralysis. Psoriatic plaques are pale and flattened. It is the itching. The edges of the psoriatic lesions which appear at the edge of the depigmentation. The activity of the inflammatory process is reduced. Begins remission, which is more typical for the warm season.
In the acute process, which can lead to a number of factors:
- Of the medicinal product.
- Exposure to high or low temperatures.
- A lot of stress and emotional instability.
- The worsening or the occurrence of other diseases.
- The consumption of alcohol and strong errors in the diet.
When precisely defined the causes and treatment of psoriasis is conducted in accordance with the appropriate techniques, positive dynamics will not be the future.
Clinical interest disease, psoriasis, in the period of the higher level, in which the height of the disease and an active volcano.
Also klassificeret severity of the disease and differ in the two forms.Easy or psoriasis vulgaris is of several types, depending on the shape and localization elements:
- the palms of the hands and soles of the feet. Most often, the cause of this disease, which is related to employment and are observed in people performing intense physical activity. This form of the disease is isolated and only affects the hands and feet. Rashes are in the form of rounded plates, often painful cracks in them. Except for the skin of feet and hands, often affects the nail plate, marked degenerative changes, deformation, color change, onycholysis.
- Seborrheic. The primary lesion of psoriasis is on the scalp. In addition, the pathological process may spread to the face, neck, back and chest. More common in people who are prone to oily seborrhea and the metabolic disturbances of metabolic processes.
- Tears form. This species is distributed throughout the body. Psoriatic elements of small size (4-5 mm), which does not affect the flight.
- Folded. Injuries located in skin folds – armpits, the genitals in women under the Breasts, in the central depression between the buttocks and the perineum. Elements of the rash of bright red color, almost without chipping, have clear borders and a smooth, slightly wet surface. This form often affects the elderly and infants, as well as patients with diabetes. In children dermatosis indicates that the grip panels, which form large pockets. Sometimes papules on the genitals - these are only the signs of psoriasis. In this case it is necessary for the differentiation of lesions in other diseases.
- Nipples. They are more prone to people with excess body weight. It typically occurs in the gluteal and lumbar region with a long-term progression of psoriasis. Can be transformed from other form under the influence of microbial agent: pyoderma or viral flora. In the case of injuries dermatosis with a strong moist and bright inflamed, covered with yellow-gray crusts. Over time, the process ends deep infiltration and growths warts.
Other features - severe psoriasis, which has multiple versions of the disease:
- The most dangerous. This variant of psoriasis occurs under the influence of various endogenous precipitating factors: stress, excessive sun exposure, corticosteroid therapy, but most often the cause cannot be determined. Patients noted, allergic Hyper-reaction, and inhibition of immunological parameters, which affects the internal organs. When are the symptoms and causes of psoriasis, the skin, the whole body bloody, with purple hues and profuse destruction of a different nature. Throughout the body the symptoms are not the same. Patients complain of weakness, and weaknesses. There is an increase in the lymph nodes, dystrophic nail involvement, intense hair loss. When protracted course, disease, which causes an imbalance of the metabolic processes in the body, problems in the cardiovascular system and the kidneys.
- Psoriatic arthritis. Along with papular rash in these patients occur disturbances of the joints. Disease are more susceptible to men of young and middle-aged, pathology affiliation of the characteristic clinical symptoms and a clear manifestation on x-ray. This is the most difficult and complicated form of psoriasis, which leads to disability, and in some cases even fatal. The affected extremities, depending on the type of arthritis, the small joints of the hands and feet, the spine. Articular manifestations occur in about 4-6 years from the onset of the disease, sometimes at the same time with the skin outbreaks. X-rays are visible foci of osteoporosis, reduction of joint space, the appearance of osteophytes.
- Pustular. This type of dermatosis is divided into two types: simple and General. In the simple type of pustular psoriasis on the feet and the palms appear symmetrical rashes, pustules, erythematous skin with this body can also papular elements. The general form of the health condition of the patient is severe, fever, weakness, and leukocytosis. A massive rash across the body in the form of specific diffuse the bright red lesions and small papules that are brownish-yellow crust. This type of dermatitis develops secondarily and has a tendency to degenerate, ending in death. Therefore, the symptoms, causes and treatment of psoriasis should be under strict medical supervision.In addition to the main types of psoriasis, there are many forms and atypical movement of the process.
When the disease psoriasis and the choice of treatment take into account many factors. But always approach to treatment of complex diseases.All patients with psoriasis are recommended to improve your eating habits:
- Balanced diet, protein, fat and carbohydrates.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables, especially in the family Solanaceae.
- Avoid foods with preservatives and flavor additives, fast food.
- Abandon admission of alcohol and strong coffee and tea.
- You should try to avoid stressful situations, even more, to relax and to sleep properly.
Depending on the causes of psoriasis, type and severity of sure, treatment with medicines is prescribed.For mild severity of the disease usually prescribe this group of medicines basic therapy:
- Medications that reduce vascular permeability, antihistamines.
- Sedatives and tranquilizers.
- Detoxification of medicines for internal administration, and substitutes the plasma.
- Ointments with corticosteroids, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, tar, etc ..
With moderate and severe course of the disease, in addition to the basic therapy used:
- Corticosteroids in the form of tablets and injections.
- In cytostatics.
- In the immunomodulators.
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Effective treatment of psoriasis involves the widespread use of methods of physical therapy effects, in particular, selective photochemotherapy and phototherapy (a complex effect of UV rays broad spectrum of the photosensitizer). Treatment with photochemotherapy gives excellent results.
Selective phototherapy with simultaneous use of vitamin A, has shown good results for treatment of dermatosis goods. Apparatus for the implementation of the procedure compact, which you can use to treat psoriasis at home.
Running severe forms of the disease, which can lead to disruption in the functioning of the internal organs: the liver, the kidneys, the cardiovascular system, severe metabolic disorders.
Psoriatic arthritis due to degenerative changes in the bone system is full of dislocations, subluxations and fractures. This type of dermatosis is often leads to disability.
The general forms of psoriasis are progresses rapidly and can cause death. Therefore, even slight symptoms of psoriasis of the skin does not remain without attention as soon as possible consult your doctor.
Regardless of this, in which is stated the symptoms and causes of psoriasis, all measures relating to the normalization of diet, routine and rest. Depending on the hereditary transmission of psoriasis is a child, monitor their health, to undergo medical checkups, eat well and avoid stress.
Because this illness affects the liver, and in the preventive purposes should be excluded from the diet citrus fruits, sweets, smoked and fried food, preserved food, prepared food, etc ..
In the period of remission of active process it is recommended that the Spa treatment, the profession of physical therapy, massage.